Trax by Luv 'n Law

Queen of our household - four boys and a baby!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Long Way, Baby!!

8 Miles!!!! E-I-G-H-T MILES!!! That's a whole 8 mile long, "long run," completed!! Am I excited? YES! Am I nervous that the half marathon is only a little over two months away? YES....very!

I started the Couch to 5K program this summer and was huffing and puffing just to finish the requirements of the first week. (Yes, I was really that out of shape.)

When I was able to run 30 minutes at the end of the program, I was thrilled!!

Now J and I are training for the Disney Half Marathon during Marathon Weekend in January! I'm having to work a little (maybe a lot...) harder than J is, but hey ya gotta start somewhere!

In true Disney fashion, there are also kids races! So...Kendell will be doing the 100M dash and the Mickey Mile. We're not quite sure if, with all the excitement, she'll run or just stand there and look around! Never know with a two-year-old!
Couch to 5K W1D1 to completing 8 miles Galloway style

With 6 more miles to add to the training (and 5.1 for the race), I've got a lot of running to do!

But, with 8 miles under my belt!?!?

I've come a long way, baby!! :)

1 Comments:

  • At November 4, 2010 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Congratulations! That's AWESOME! You're going to love running at Disney. I did the Princess Half Marathon there this past year and it was a blast!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home