Trax by Luv 'n Law

Queen of our household - four boys and a baby!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jumping in with two feet...

...or maybe just dipping in a big toe. Either way, I have finally decided to start a blog!! I've been debating for several months - really since Kendell was born (and maybe even before that), and am excited to get it going!

So, why have I waited 10 months since Kendell was born to start this, you ask?? We've been busy....or I've been procrastinating...or maybe a bit of both.

Let me explain...

When Kendell was born in August, J was preparing to leave for OBLC (an Army school) in October. Following that, he was going to be moving to GA for a year-long residency, and Kendell and I were going to man the house in FL.

The Army decided to mix things up a bit and told us in Sept that the move would actually be a PCS (permanent change of station) move. This meant all of us would be moving to GA!! Good because we'd all be together, bad because I had to close my swim business, and we'd have to sell our house and move away from our friends and neighbors.

The night before J was suppose to leave for school, my Dad passed away. J's class date got pushed to Jan, and we went to Iowa for his funeral. It's still hard to believe he's gone.

Upon getting back to FL, we were informed in late October/early November that we were going to move in November.

Once we got moved here, J went to class from Jan through mid March, and now we're just trying to get adjusted - to his work schedule, to renting, to the climate, and to GA in general ( sidewalks that start and stop randomly, a community pool that is no longer a community pool because the HOA apparently sold it to an individual...stuff like that).

Sooo...now on the agenda is getting ready for Kendell's birthday, and enjoying the summer swim season!



Kendell's Birthday...

I'm really looking forward to Kendell's first birthday!! We're hoping that both my Mom, and J's parents are able to come!! I've started practicing the cake decorating....more on that later.

Thanks for checking out my blog!! Have a great day!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home